Mind Meld: Secrets Behind the Voyage of a Lifetime is an unprecedented examination of the impact the Star Trek experience has had on the franchise's most celebrated participants: William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy. These two stars have arguably embodied the brightest icons in the sci-fi universe; Shatner as passionate Captain James T. Kirk, and Nimoy as logical-minded, half Vulcan Mr. Spock. Now, in an unprecedented candid conversation at Nimoy's Beverly Hills home, these two icons of popular culture share with each other, and the viewers, the behind-the-scenes adventures of one of the greatest franchises in entertainment history.
- The Phenomenon: How Star Trek meaningfully changed their careers, their very lives.
- The Creative Battles: The pressures of making a landmark weekly series. The challenges of bringing back Star Trek as a movie franchise.
- The Original Crew: Rivalries, jealousies and conflicts between the original cast and creators.
- The Personal Impact: Pressures on their families and friends. Struggles with personal demons and addictions.
- The Final Frontiers: Lives reviewed. Facing death. Remembering their Star Trek co-star DeForest Kelley (Dr. McCoy) and the legacies both men hope to leave behind.
Shot in beautiful high-definition video, this lush production features rare personal photographs that span the careers of the two men, as well as a visit into Nimoy's study filled with memorabilia of the incredible voyage they shared. Most of all, these two passionate actors reveal the incredible bond that was the cornerstone of their success; the trust, the friendship, and the ability to consistently challenge each other to boldly go where neither man has gone before. 75 minutes.